Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distill in Summerlin with Neil and Donna - Dinner - July 4th 2018

Distill states:

Come for the drinks and stay for the food. We want to be your home away from home!

Looking to relax and have some fun with your family and friends at a cool new neighborhood bar where you can enjoy our specialty drinks, wine, domestic and imported beer both in the bottle and on draught as well as our hand crafted food? Come and play one of our brand new gaming machines, watch sports, play pool, our just sip a cocktail on our backyard patio listening to some great music while you unwind from the day. We have the perfect hangout for you.

Perfect just might be the right word to describe Distill. Our July 4th appetizer sampling dinner with Neil and Donna was just perfect.

Replacing the blink-and-you-missed-it Dos Caminos, Distill is the latest bar by the brothers who opened the similarly relaxed Remedy's Tavern and the underrated Elixir in the southeast. And it meets all your Summerlin escapade needs.

There are quite a few dining options at Distill. You can choose to sit at the bar, at one of the tables or booths or perhaps dining outside on the ultra-cool patio area?

It was a very hot night so we chose to sit inside.

This local hangout is packed with 18 TVs so you can catch all of the action in your favorite games regardless of where you turn your head.

When you walk into Distill, you immediately notice the subdued colors, including wood table tops and subtle hints of gold. A wall with a brick facing adds texture, and the muted lighting provides an intimate feel. A bank of large glass windows allows diners to see the plethora of TV monitors flanking the bar while keeping secondhand smoke at bay. But you’re here for the food, and Distill does not disappoint. Appetizer choices are extensive and include beer-battered onion rings, street tacos, pretzel bites, jumbo stuffed chicken potato skins and Buffalo chicken wings or fingers. The menu is also burger-friendly, with USDA Choice ground chuck.

Manager Tony was excited to see us and gave us the lowdown about the restaurant. We also met Chef Evellyn who was wonderful and checked with us after every appetizer was brought to the table.

We knew ahead of time exactly what we were were going to get so let the eating begin!

Our server and there are many quirky words to describe her was Paige. Perhap "Valley-Girlish." might be best. She was weird, wild and wonderful...not sure if it was a role she was playing but she was awesome and brought a lot of fun to our meal. She made a few serving errors but who carred! We had such a good time with her..perhaps the best server ever....in a laid back atmosphere.

First to the table was Shredded Chicken & Pepper Jack Taquitos and Sam’s 76 Beer Braised Spare Ribs

It was nice to see that the portions that were served were tailored to serve for people. We each had a mini rack of ribs and two Taquitos each.

Both were delicious. Ribs were fall off the bone tender and Taquitos were bursting with flavor

Next up: Szechuan Steak Wontons - Thinly shaved ribeye with ginger, garlic, scallions, and Szechuan sauce hand rolled into a wonton. Served with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.

AWESOME !!! We each had three and were looking for more.

The steak wontons were followed by Braised Prime Rib Sandwich – Slow-cooked prime rib with homemade caramelized onion, tomato jam, and horse radish cream sauce, served on a hoagie. Perfectly cooked Prime Rib and I hate to admit it but I enjoyed the horse radish cream sauce, something I don't usually eat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1532463947201.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	239110

The last appetizer was Blackened Chicken Club – Blackened chicken breast, smoked bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, homemade Cajun mayo, served on toasted sourdough. Donna ordered sweet potato fries to go along with the sandwich. Another perfect appetizer. All the flavors blended together perfectly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1532463943310.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	239111

It was impossible, thanks to Paige's persistance to say No to dessert so we just left that decision in her hands.

The first dessert was Bread Pudding - Warm brioche bread baked with house made custard, brown sugar and candied pecans. Topped with creamy vanilla ice cream and amaretto sauce.

WOW ! Was this GOOD. None of the four of us were bread pudding connoisseurs but Distill's version was by far the best any of us have ever had.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1532463953152.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	239112

The second dessert was Confetti Deeo Fried Oreo's - served with ice cream, topped with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup and caramel sauce.

OMG, to die for....there went the "Being Good" part of the trip. These were outstanding. Perfectly deep fried so outside was crunchy and inside was soft.

What a great way to end a great dinner.

If the appetizers were this good, I'm wondering about all the other food that is served at Distill? Perhaps I'll be invited back to try them?

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1532463949892.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	239113

This was a standout dining experience and we were glad with we sharred it with Neil and Donna.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1532463933902.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	239114

Tim , Evellyn and Paige made this a very special experience. I don't think I have ever received this much proffesional service and input at any other Las Vegas restaurant.

Food was above good and preparation and appearence were above board.

I couldn't be happier with the visit I had a Distill...now I'm sorry it took so long to get there.

Thanks to Nicole and Michelle from PR Plus in setting up the visit.

Don't forget to check out Distill's Happy Hours: 3-7PM and 3-7AM.

Distill is open 24/7
    http://distillbar.com/
    Last edited by Steve; 07-31-2018, 07:10 AM.
Working...
X