Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cucina at The Shops at Crystals: July 11th, 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cucina at The Shops at Crystals: July 11th, 2017

Located inside The Shops at Crystals, Cucina by Wolfgang Puck offers an inviting atmosphere with a bird’s-eye view of the dazzling retail destination. Cucina’s menu showcases rustic Italian favorites including antipasti, salads, Wolfgang’s famed pizzas, house-made pastas, and a variety of other entrees, all crafted using only the finest and freshest ingredients.

Cucina by Wolfgang Puck pays tribute to Italy through the master chef's famed wood-oven baked pizzas, pastas and specialty dishes. The restaurant offers guests a warm and inviting atmosphere with a spectacular view of The Shops at Crystals, the perfect place to people watch. The bar & lounge offers a dynamic beverage list complementing the menu’s exquisite Italian flavors and includes comprehensive selection of wines, custom cocktails and domestic and international beers.

With a focus on Puck's famed pizzas, the menu offers guests multiple varieties to choose from including the Margherita Pizza with burrata mozzarella, San Marzano tomatoes and basil; Meatball pizza, mozzarella, ricotta, oregano, pecorino and Sausage pizza, mozzarella, broccolini, sweet peppers. The selectionof pizza's is constantly rotated.

Margherita Pizza

Sausage pizza

Dorene and I were visiting for dinner.

The atmosphere is calm and serene, the decorations are appropriate, servers are nice and the quality of the food is what you would expect from Wolfgang Puck.

I have to say, the one thing that absolutely made the experience was our waiter, Sean The guy was good. From the very beginning to the very end, he was an absolute professional, and very good at what he did. His energy and enthusiasm did not wane, and he always made us feel as if I was his only table. That is the mark of a good waiter. He was also incredibly attentive and knowledgeable about his product. He was also the tallest waiter in Las Vegas! He was so tall, he had to "duck" evertime he approached a low hanging light or he would have hot it. I'm guessing he was 6'7".

Andrew, the manager was observing from a distance but was visually in tune with our table. He didn't come over until we were almost finished (which was fine with me) dinner. There really wasn't any reason for him to visit sooner as everything was perfect.

The restaurant itself, depending on your perspective, is in a nice and accessible location. It's located in a mall between the Cosmopolitan and Aria/Vdara. It is an upscale mall, and the atmosphere is very relaxing and low key. It is an open design restaurant on the second floor, and overlooks the mall, so there is plenty to look at, but the second floor location keeps it quiet and private. Overall, it is a nice spot as long as you're not disappointed that it's not right on the main strip or its own building.

We started off with two sharred appetizers.

The first was Caprese salad: burrata cheese, basil pesto aioli, aged balsamic ($19)
    Loved it! Multi-colored tomatoes along with fresh burrata and basil. Great start!

The second appetizer were Meatballs: San Marzano tomatoes, parmesan ($11)

They were perfect. Sauce was fantastic.

Main courses:

Dorene chose Sea Bass Picatta which I belive a special that night served with a cauliflower trio.

This was a very large serving. Dorene really enjoyed this dish. The fish was moist and tender and the sauce was excellent.

Predictable me! When a server recommends a steak, I always listen to them. Sean says that the Ribeye is to die for, I don't have to even look at the menu.
    This was also a nightly special. It was served with Tuscan potatoes.

Perfectly charred on the outside and a perfect mediu rare on the inside. The steak was tender and bursting with flavor and seasoned perfectly.

Dessert...we tried to say no but that was over-ruled by both Sean and Andrew.

Cucina's signature dessert was brought to our table. Zeppole - Home made donut holes, dipped in sugar and served with rasberry and chocolate coule.
    We we so glad we didn't resist this remarkable dessert. ($10)

Overall this place has GREAT ambiance, GREAT service, and GREAT food. Thanks for a great experience! We would definitely come back if invited.

Cucina has some fantastic specials.
    Pre-fixe Pick Three Lunch Menu: $25 per Person. Includes appetizer, main course and dessert.
    Pre-Fixe Pick Three Dinner Menu: $35 Per Person: Includes appetizer, main course and dessert.
    Super Sunday: $34 per person. For parties of 4 or more. Menu available in our main dining room only.

HOURS Sunday – Thursday 11:30AM – 10PM Friday - Saturday 11:30AM – 11PM

https://wolfgangpuck.com/dining/cuci...wolfgang-puck/

Photo of Cucina by Wolfgang Puck - Las Vegas, NV, United States

​​​​​​​
Working...
X