Thread: Play until you lose coupon question

Question Play until you lose coupon question

I'm heading down to vegas in a week and have an offer from Rio for a $750 "promotional gaming voucher". The fine print says it's a "play until you lose voucher".

Since I would much rather play with cash wherever and whenever I see fit, I'm trying to think of the best way to turn it into cash. It doesn't say anything about offsetting bets....

Does anybody know if it would be possible to set up a system where I can do this? I was thinking about splitting it on roulette red/black (with a little on green) and then splitting half again and half again etc. as low as I can go. I'm wondering if I'll be able to cash out the winnings that way. Does this make sense?

I haven't done the exact math, but it seems I could end up with around $700 if they let me cash out the winning portion of the winning color each time.

Either way it's a good problem to have. I'm just trying to make the best of it.

Thanks,
    DM

You might try contacting the RIO's Reward department. I have emailed them a few times. They respond very quickly, sometimes same day.

Some of the cash back offers are bounce back promos. Otherwise, sure they give you back you loses up to "X" amount but you get the $$ on a future trip within a specified time.

Try logging into your HET Rewards account on the Harrah's website. Find the $750 offer in you list of TR Offers. When you click on it you usually can read "most" of the fine print details.
    "When The Money Comes Out Of The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Mike View Post

Either way it's a good problem to have. I'm just trying to make the best of it.
    I see your point. I think if you would run through $750 the take would be yours.

I don't know what the play until you lose offer is. It may be that you never accrue cash value, just carry over value. Perhaps unless you hit a jackpot.

I like to play video black jack with vouchers. With the house edge being so small, I tend to get most of the vouchers value back out in cash. Sometimes even more than it was worth to begin with. That has only been with those $10 and $20 vouchers you get for first time card holders and those free spins at PH. The playback comps, I just lose playing slots.

5. Default

Not sure about this offer, but usual play until you loose works like this.

Let me use blackjack.

You put down $10 coupon. If dealer wins, he takes it of course. If you win, you get $10 cash, and the coupon is still available to play. This continues and you try again. You win, you get $10 cash (or chips of course). You loose, he takes the coupon. So, I would think that any game that you would normally play and do well at would make sense. I would also assume you can add some of your money to the play, though I do not see how that makes any sense. In fact, it just confuses things.

Unlike one time play coupons, which are more common. If you put a $10 one time coupon and win, you get $10 chip/cash back, but the dealer TAKES the coupon and it is gone.

Smile Here's what happened

Sorry for the very delayed follow up on what happened with this Harrah's Total Rewards play until you lose coupon....

Like nostresshere said, the voucher remains on the table and continues to pay until it loses. Actually a pretty nice way to do it. Only problem is they issued it to me in 3 $250 vouchers!

The first lost.....
    The second one won 3 times!
    The third lost....

I left it on red the whole time and just watched nervously. I can only imagine how great it would have been if one of these REALLY kept hitting! I still got $750 though so I can't complain.

Thanks for all the replies

-Diamond Mike
    Last edited by Diamond Mike; 03-08-2010 at 05:54 PM.

I am glad to hear you got $750 out of it. I'm OK with how they work, but 3 $250 vouchers? You would think they could at least give you $50 vouchers, or even $100 ones.

I knew when I got $160 in promo chips when PH first opened that the BJ dealer used them wrong. She took the chip even if I won. If I lost, I lost the chip as expected, but when I won she paid me the value on the chip, but took the chip away. I only got my money back, did not win anything. I got them from their sales pitch for the condo towers, and just chalked it up to being conned. Now I think I was conned twice in one day. LOL

Once again, at least you got $750 in real cash. Way to go.

Mark

yeah there are dealers not familiar with promo chips and some treat them as thou they are supposed to pay the winning wager equivelant as well as exchange the promo chip for regualr gaming chips with a cash value.

I was playing some of the promo chips I won at The Mirage during Asian New Years a few weeks ago and one dealer went to pay the winning wager I had with the promo chip, she paid the winning amount and then laid out the promo chips demoniation amount in regular gaming chips and the floor person was quick to point out the mistake. Player maintains the promo chips until the player loses them. Although the player is free to pull them down after a win, not compelled to keep them in non stop play.